MAVEN MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
Version: 2.6 (Effective 03 August 2018)
This Membership Agreement (the “Agreement”) entered into between General Motors Holden Australia NSC Ltd (ACN 603 486 933) trading as MAVEN Drive ("MAVEN" or “We” or “Us’) and the individual clicking to accept this Agreement (“You”), is effective on the date of your acceptance, and provides the terms of your participation in the MAVEN car-sharing service. By clicking to accept this Agreement, you agree to be bound by its terms, which include the following (detailed terms of this Agreement following the outline):
· You will use the Vehicles (as defined below) in a safe manner in compliance with all laws, and in compliance with the Rules of Use;
· You will maintain a valid driver’s license at all times while participating in the Program (as defined below);
· You will not permit non-members to use Vehicles that are assigned to you and you will be financially responsible if other members use Vehicles that are reserved by you;
· You consent to a background check in order to verify your eligibility to participate in the Program prior to and from time to time during your participation;
· We will charge Fees (described in the Agreement) and any other amounts you owe under the Program to the payment method you provide;
· You can cancel or change your reservation at no charge 24 hours before the reservation is scheduled to begin. 24 hours prior to the start of your trip, your reservation fee or $5 (whichever is higher) will be preauthorized on your nominated payment method. If you attempt to cancel within the 24 hour window before your booking, you will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
· Some vehicles maintain an active wireless connection to our systems. You consent to this connection, and to our collection, use, and sharing of data describing the Vehicle and how you are operating the Vehicle, including data describing vehicle location, and heading, as described in our Privacy Statement;
· If you return the Vehicle later than the end reservation time, you will be charged the reservation fee of the Vehicle per hour/day (as applicable) until the Vehicle is returned, unless you have reported the Vehicle as stolen. Members must click “End Trip” in the MAVEN App upon returning their Vehicle. Failure to do so will result in hourly fees continuing to be charged;
· You are responsible for any damages, claims or liabilities relating to the Vehicle during your reservation that are caused by you or your passengers of a deductible of $1000 for drivers 25 and over per claim, and drivers 18-24 it is $1500 per claim, or up to full cost of damages if you have driven recklessly or have not followed the Rules of Use or other terms and conditions here under;
· You will indemnify and hold us harmless against any claims arising out of your participation in the Program and use of any Vehicles;
· You consent to our access of the Vehicle software and data in order to issue updates to the software and data;
· You have read and agree to be bound by the detailed terms and conditions provided below.
We may update, modify or otherwise change the terms of this Agreement from time to time during your participation by posting the updates on our website https://www.maven.com/content/dam/maven/consumer/australia/car-sharing/maven-car-sharingaustralia-membership-agreement.pdf or the MAVEN mobile application, or by notifying you via email or postal mail. You may cancel your participation in the Program at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or as otherwise provided in this Agreement.
Detailed Terms and Conditions
Designated Space means a parking bay dedicated to the MAVEN vehicle with a MAVEN sign.
Fees include (but is not limited to) membership fees, usage fees, mileage fees, low fuel fees, cleaning fees, violation processing fees, late fees and any other fees you may be responsible for under this Agreement. Program means the MAVEN car-sharing service. Trip means the use of a Vehicle from the beginning of a reservation until the reservation ends by parking in a Designated Space and activating the End Trip button in the App. You/Your/you/your means you as a member of MAVEN car-sharing service. Vehicle(s) means any of the Vehicles in the fleet provided by MAVEN and made available for use by you and other members of MAVEN car-sharing service.
We/Us/we/us means General Motors Holden Australia NSC Ltd (ACN 603 486 933) trading as MAVEN Drive.
1. BASIC TERMS
1.1 We are making the Vehicles available subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1.2 We may add or remove Vehicles from the Program at any time in our sole discretion. We do not guarantee that any Vehicle will be available to you. Your right to use any Vehicle is subject to Vehicle availability, your continued eligibility, and to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2. MEMBER ACCESS
The MAVEN App (“App”) is used to manage Vehicle reservations in the Program. Participant’s use of the App is subject to the terms of this Agreement, as well as the:
a) End User License Agreement and the Privacy Statement.
b) MAVEN App access to the reservation system will occur following the approval of your enrolment. Once membership has been approved, you can use your login credentials to access the full App and reserve Vehicles. Version:
All Fees will be charged to the payment method you provide when you enroll.
a) Usage Fees
You agree to pay us usage fees per the then current usage rate associated with the Vehicle you choose when you make the reservation. The payment method you provided that is on file will be automatically charged for every Trip upon you ending the reservation.
b) Late Fees.
If you return the Vehicle later than the end reservation time, you will be charged the reservation fee of the Vehicle per hour/day (as applicable) plus a $50 late fee per hour (up to a maximum of $150) until the Vehicle is returned, unless you have reported the Vehicle as stolen. Members must click “End Trip” in the MAVEN App upon returning their Vehicle. Failure to do so will result in late fees and hourly fees continuing to be charged.
c) Low Fuel Fees
Vehicles must be returned with at least ¼ tank of fuel. The cost of the fuel required to fill the tank plus a $20 administration fee will be charged if you returned the Vehicle with below a ¼ tank of fuel.
d) Tickets/Violations Fee
You are responsible for paying any parking tickets, fines and traffic infringements incurred during your Trip. If we receive a notice and process a violation, you will be charged the fine or fee as well as a $20 administration fee.
e) Cleaning Fee
You are to return the Vehicle in a clean condition for others to use. If found otherwise (e.g. smell or residue from smoking, pet hairs, etc.), as determined by us in our sole discretion you will be charged a fee of up to $300 for cleaning fees.
f) Other Violations
There may be a $50 fee per violation of the program terms and conditions or Rules of Use anytime a violation results in a visit by us to the Vehicle to remedy the situation (including if due to towing, impoundment, necessity of cleaning or re-fueling, etc.)
4. PAYMENT METHOD
Other than the usage fee which will be charged to you upon booking the reservation, we will charge for all Fees as they are incurred by you. You may cancel the use of your credit or debit card by terminating your participation in the Program and emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You remain responsible for any Fees or damages incurred prior to your termination. You will be notified of any changes to the pricing policy on the MAVEN website or the MAVEN mobile application, or by notifying you via email or postal mail. Your credit or debit card will be charged retroactively for any tolls or unpaid parking tickets that you incur during a reservation. You must keep current all information on credit or debit card on file in your user profile on the MAVEN App or via https://www.mavendrive.com/#!/login. You will receive an email receipt with the breakdown for each Trip of charges that have been applied to the payment method you have on file.
5. CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
a) You can cancel or change your reservation at no charge 24 hours before the reservation is scheduled to begin. If you cancel within the 24-hour period before your booking, you will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
b) If your reserved vehicle is returned and your Trip is ended prior to the reservation end time, you will not be refunded for unused hours.
c) 24 hours prior to the start of your reservation your reservation fee or $5 (whichever is higher), will be pre-authorized on your credit card. If sufficient funds are unavailable, your reservation will be cancelled. 6. BILLING If a payment card charge is declined by your payment card issuer (either for advanced authorization or incurred charges), we may suspend or terminate your membership. We reserve the right to assign a delinquent member account to a third-party collection agency.
7. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
You agree and are solely responsible for:
a) Complying with the Program Rules of Use (see below);
b) Any loss of, or damage to, goods and personal belongings in or on the Vehicle(s) whether owned by you or third parties. We take no responsibility for any such loss or damage;
c) Any traffic, moving or parking infringements, fines or other penalties incurred by reason of use of the Vehicle(s). Without limiting or altering any insurance or indemnification obligations contained in this Agreement, you will fully cooperate with us in the defense of any claims or lawsuits related to your use or possession of the Vehicle(s). You shall be responsible for all fines, forfeitures and penalties incurred by reason of the use of the Vehicle(s);
d) Complying with the following incident / accident procedures as preset out on the MAVEN Insurance Leaflet which is stored in the glovebox of the Vehicle;
e) Keeping your personal information up-to-date in all respects at all times within your MAVEN account. We may validate such updated information to verify your continued membership. We will in no way be responsible or liable for any fines, damages, penalties or any other costs or liabilities resulting from your failure to provide us with up-to-date personal information.
8.1 You represent and warrant that you are eligible to participate in this Program by meeting the following eligibility requirements:
a) You possess a valid full or probationary driver’s license issued under Australian law, or a valid international driver’s license, which is not modified, suspended, revoked or restricted in any way (“Driver’s Licence”); and
b) You will present your Driver’s Licence to us at any time upon request;
c) You must be at least 18 years of age; and
d) You must not have been convicted of any of the following motor vehicle offences in the last 5 years:
(i) Driving while Driver’s Licence is disqualified, restricted, suspended, cancelled, revoked or denied;
(ii) Culpable driving causing death, dangerous driving causing death or serious injury, dangerous driving or careless driving;
(iii) Operating a vehicle while impaired, under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, or refusing a sobriety test;
(iv) Failure to stop and provide assistance or identify after a crash (includes leaving the scene of a crash; hit and run; giving false information to the police);
(v) Eluding or attempting to elude the police;
(vi) You have less than three (3) at-fault motor vehicle insurance claims in the past five years; and
(vii) Traffic violations resulting in death or serious injury; or
(viii) Any other significant offence or violation warranting restriction or suspension of license; and
(ix) If you are between the ages of 18 and 21, you must not have been convicted in the past 1 year of any violations of traffic laws.
e) If you are a probationary licensed driver you are not permitted to and must not book any high performance vehicle as advised by Maven from time to time.
8.2 You consent to and authorize us and our affiliates, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to perform or have performed a background check of you and of your driving history and/or driving record.
8.3 You will immediately notify us in the event your Driver’s Licence expires or is in any way modified, suspended, restricted, or revoked or if you otherwise no longer meet an eligibility requirement.
8.4 You understand and agree that, in the event we receive notifications by prosecution authorities of traffic rule violations allegedly committed with a Vehicle, we will be entitled to provide complete and accurate data (full name, date of birth, address) of the member in possession of the Vehicle at the time of the alleged traffic rule violation to the respective prosecution authority.
8.5 We reserve the right to suspend from the Program or terminate this Agreement if you violate any of the terms and conditions outlined in this Agreement.
9. COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
9.1 In order to provide MAVEN services to you, we will collect, use, and share certain information about you (that you have provided to us) and your use of the Vehicle. You consent to our collection, use, and sharing of this information as described within the Privacy Statement, a copy of which can be found at https://www.maven.com/content/dam/maven/consumer/australia/car-sharing/maven-carsharing-australia-privacy-policy.pdf and as summarized below.
9.2 In addition to as set out in the Privacy Statement, we will collect your name, address, telephone number, email address, driver’s license number, the driver’s license expiration date and state of issuance. This information will be provided to our trusted service provider to perform a background check of your driving history and/or driving record, so that we can confirm your eligibility to participate in the Program. We will collect your billing information, including your name and credit card number, in order to provide the information to our trusted payment service provider, so that we can process your payment for MAVEN services. You have reviewed and understand this background check authorization
9.3 We will also collect information from the device through which you are using the MAVEN services, such as device location, in order to provide MAVEN services to you.
10. ACCIDENTS, DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF VEHICLE, COLLISION / LOSS DAMAGE WAIVER
10.1 Accidents and Thefts
a) In the event of an accident or incident, You must follow the incident / accident procedures outlined in clause 7(d) and found in the glovebox of the Vehicle.
b) If any loss or damage occurs to a Vehicle while in Your possession and repairs are not covered by a third-party insurer, then You will be responsible for the Deductible Amount as set out below:
Age Bracket = 18-24 years of age, the Deductible Amount 18-24 is $1,500
Age Bracked = 25 years of age and older, the Deductible Amount is $1,000
c) As stated in clause 10.1(b), You will be responsible for the Deductible Amount when the repairs are not covered by a third-party insurer. These include, but are not limited to, the following situations:
(i) You are deemed at fault in the accident or incident
(ii) You have not provided third party details in the claim (including Vehicle theft or attempted theft)
(iii) The third party involved in the accident or incident is uninsured (iv) Natural weather events that cause Vehicle damage (e.g. floods, earthquakes, fires, storms & hail)
d) MAVEN will charge the Deductible Amount immediately upon notification by You, or identification by MAVEN, of any loss or damage to the Vehicle. If it is determined that You are not liable, MAVEN will refund the Deductible Amount to You.
e) You are not responsible for normal Vehicle wear and tear. Before each reservation, You must examine the Vehicle inside and out and report any damage using the provided checklist to document any pre-existing damage with photographs.
f) You agree that in the event of an accident, theft or other liability incident during your reservation, You will provide MAVEN with a copy, within 7 days of the request, of any reasonably requested information relating to such incident, the allocation of fault or liability, and costs and expenses associated therewith, including any applicable damage cover coverage. You are not responsible for Late Fees if the Vehicle is stolen during Your reservation, provided that You immediately notify MAVEN of the theft.
g) MAVEN may recover damages or the relevant Deductible Amount You owe under this Agreement, in an amount determined by law, charging the payment method that You have in place with MAVEN, or through other collection methods available to MAVEN. You hereby authorise MAVEN to charge the Deductible Amount to the debit or credit card that You have on file with MAVEN as applicable in accordance with this agreement.
10.2 Insurance Coverage
a) MAVEN Program damage cover provides You with comprehensive cover for events such as Vehicle theft, attempted Vehicle theft and accidental Vehicle damage as well as loss arising from damage that use of Your Vehicle has caused to someone else’s car or property, up to $20,000,000 per occurrence.
b) MAVEN Program damage cover does not indemnify You if:
(i) You violate the Rules of Use or terms of this Agreement; or
(ii) You left the Vehicle unlocked or the keys were not secure and under Your personal control, or
(iii) There has been an impact with the underbody of the Vehicle that is not caused by a collision with another Vehicle; or
(iv) The interior of the Vehicle has been damaged, regardless of cause when no other Vehicle is involved; or
(v) The tyres of the Vehicle have been damaged other than by normal wear and tear (for further detail, please see the Fair Wear and Tear Policy, a copy which has been emailed to you and is available at any time by request and is incorporated by reference into this Agreement); or
(vi) You use incorrect fuel, coolant or additive; or (vii) You or any person using the Vehicle with Your consent intentionally damage the Vehicle; or
(viii) The Vehicle is used to carry or tow a load or carry passengers greater than that for which Your Vehicle was constructed; or
(ix) The Vehicle is used for any illegal purpose with Your consent; or
(x) You or any person using the Vehicle with Your consent are driving impaired by or under the influence of any drug or alcohol, or by any person with a percentage of drug or alcohol in their breath or blood in excess of that allowed by law; or (xi) You refuse to a request from a person with legal authority to take a breath, blood or other test to determine the percentage of drugs or alcohol in the person’s breath or blood.
c) If Rules of Use or the terms of this Agreement are violated or if other parties claim damages (such as for personal injury or uninsured property damage), then You may be liable to MAVEN or to such other parties beyond the coverage of the MAVEN Program damage cover.
You agree and acknowledge that You may be responsible for the full amount of any liability arising in connection with the Vehicle during Your reservation. If Vehicles are used in accordance with the Rules of Use and otherwise in a safe manner, You will not be charged for any damage to the Vehicle beyond the Deductible Amount. However, if You fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement or the Rules of Use, or otherwise operates a Vehicle in a dangerous or reckless manner or in any way that endangers others, You agree to defend, indemnify and hold MAVEN, its affiliates and respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees and agents, and, harmless from all claims, liability and expenses arising out of Your non-compliant or reckless use of the Vehicle(s) regardless of whether those claims arise from You or any third party.
10.4 Limitation of Liability
a) To the extent that You acquire any goods or services from MAVEN as a consumer, You may have certain rights and remedies (including, without limitation, consumer guarantee rights) that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by this Agreement (“Nonexcludable Rights”). Nothing in this Agreement or Rules of Use is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any Non-excludable Rights.
b) You acknowledge and agree that, except to the extent inconsistent with Your Nonexcludable Rights, or as otherwise specified in this Agreement:
(i) MAVEN is not liable to You for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages including loss of opportunity or profits arising from this Agreement, Your participation in the MAVEN Program, or the use of the Vehicle;
(ii) MAVEN is not liable to You for any loss, damage, cost or liability suffered by or imposed upon You by reason of any breach of any provision of this Agreement by You;
(iii) MAVEN has no liability with respect to any of Your responsibilities under this Agreement, including as to compliance with the Rules of Use;
(iv) Without limiting or altering any damage cover or indemnification obligations contained in this Agreement, You will fully cooperate with MAVEN in the defence of any claims or lawsuits related to Your use or possession of the Vehicle(s).
c) You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by law, MAVEN’s liability to You for a failure to comply with any Non-excludable Right in connection with this Agreement is limited, at MAVEN’s option, to:
(i) in the case of goods, the repair of the goods, the replacement of the goods or paying for the cost of repair or replacement of the goods; or
(ii) in the case of services, the resupply of services or paying for the cost of resupplying the services.
10.5 Personal Property
We are not responsible for loss of or damage to your or any other occupant’s personal property left in the Vehicle(s). 10.6 Survival The provisions of this Section will survive the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement.
11. TERM AND TERMINATION
This Agreement becomes effective upon the acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein and the Privacy Statement and expires upon your notification to us via email at email@example.com or by calling 1800 316 450 unless earlier terminated by us under the terms of this Agreement.
You may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason whatsoever, and we may terminate this Agreement if you breach the Rules of Use or other terms of this Agreement or if We consider it reasonably necessary to protect our legitimate business interests. Termination will be effected by one party giving the other notice of such termination. Termination makes you ineligible to reserve and utilize any Vehicle(s). You will remain responsible for all Fees, including account balances, and any damages and penalties incurred as of the date of termination. You will only be able to obtain refunds for membership pursuant to your rights under applicable consumer protection legislation or pursuant to our discretion.
You may not assign or transfer the rights of this Agreement in whole or in part under any circumstances. Doing so without the consent of us will be void and of no force and effect. We reserve the right to assign this Agreement.
12.2 Choice of Law
This Agreement will be governed by, interpreted under, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia, without reference to conflict of laws principles.
12.3 Waiver; Severability
If any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement or any document executed in connection herewith shall be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any applicable law, (i) unless otherwise provided under applicable law, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein or therein shall not in any way be affected or impaired and shall remain in full force and effect; and (ii) the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by us immediately with a term or provision that is valid, legal and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of such invalid, illegal or unenforceable term or provision. Failure or delay on the part of us to exercise any right or privilege under this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver nor shall any partial exercise of any right or privilege preclude any further exercise thereof.
To cancel your membership email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1800 316 450. We will email you at the email address we have on record if we terminate your membership for any reason.
All legal notices to be given by you to us hereunder must be in writing and will be (a) personally served or (b) mailed registered or certified, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, or delivered by courier service with charges prepaid, addressed as set forth below. Notice will be deemed given on the date of service if personally served or, if mailed, on the third Business Day after mailing.
General Motors Holden Australia NSC Ltd Attention:
191 Salmon Street Port
Melbourne, Victoria, 3207
12.5 Modification of Terms
We may update the terms of this Agreement at any time by placing a notice on the MAVEN website or the MAVEN mobile application, or by notifying you via email or postal mail. By continuing to participate in the Program following such updates, you agree to be bound by those updated terms.
12.6 No Third-Party Beneficiaries
This Agreement is intended to be solely for the benefit of you and us and is not intended to confer any benefits upon, or create any rights in favor of, any person or entity other than the foregoing.
RULES OF USE
1. Reserving a Vehicle. You must make a reservation using the App that you download on an Android or iOS device. You have the right to modify or cancel any reservation at no charge 24 hours before the reservation start time. 24 hours prior to the start of your trip, your reservation fee or $5 (whichever is higher) will be preauthorized on your nominated payment method. If you cancel within the 24 hours window before your booking, you will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
2. Fair Use Policy. MAVEN operates a fair use policy, which aims to ensure that MAVEN provides vehicles to all of its Members and that no Member is unfairly disadvantaged by the conduct of others. If this policy applies to your membership, you will be emailed a copy of the MAVEN Fair Use Policy at the time of joining the Program and this policy will be incorporated by reference into this Agreement. You may also request a copy of the MAVEN Fair Use Policy at any time.
3. Personal Use Only. Vehicles are to be used for your personal use only and may not be used for hire or any other for-profit purpose.
4. Non-Member Drivers. Only MAVEN members are authorised to use the Vehicle. If you allow another person to drive the Vehicle you must be a passenger in the Vehicle and acknowledge that you remain responsible for all Fees and for any damages that occur during the Trip.
5. Fuel. Vehicles are provided with at least ¼ tank of fuel. You are required to return the Vehicle with at least ¼ tank of fuel or you will be charged the cost of the fuel required to fill the tank plus a $20 administration fee. There is a fuel card in the Vehicle which can be used once per reservation to top up the fuel tank. Any additional fuel must be paid for by the member. Fuel cards may only be used for the Vehicle you have reserved. If you use the fuel card more than once per Trip, or for a vehicle other than the Vehicle reserved, you will be charged the cost of the fuel plus a $20 administration.
6. Pick Up and Return Location. At the start of your Trip, the Vehicle will be available for you in the Designated Space. You must also return the Vehicle to its Designated Space. We reserve the right to charge for not returning the Vehicle to a Designated Space to the payment method you provided on file. Fees may vary and are directly associated with costs incurred by MAVEN car-sharing service for a vehicle not being in the intended Designated Space at the end of the Trip (e.g. towing, parking tickets, etc.)
7. Parking. While on a Trip, you may park in any legal parking space. Members are responsible for any and all parking fees and fines or tickets that may result. We reserve the right to charge any unpaid parking ticket fees to the payment method you provided on file plus a $20 administration fee.
8. Cleaning. You are kindly asked to remove all rubbish and return Vehicle(s) in a clean condition. If You fail to do so and we determine at our discretion that further cleaning is necessary, including but not limited to, carpet or upholstery stains, offensive odours, pet hairs etc., we reserve the right to charge a fee of up to $150 to the payment method you provided on file for any excessive soiling that requires cleaning plus a $20 administration fee. We will also charge You a separate cleaning fee if there is any residue of smoking in the Vehicle, such as the scent of smoke, physical remnants left in the Vehicle or any markings in the vehicle.
9. No Smoking. Smoking is not allowed at any time by you or any passenger in the Vehicle. A $300 cleaning fee plus a $20 administration fee will be assessed for vehicles returned with any residue, such as the scent of smoke resulting from smoking around or in the vehicle, physical remnants left in the Vehicle or any markings and will result in termination of your participation in the Program.
10. Tolls. You will be responsible for any tolls incurred while using the Vehicle. You agree and accept that any delay in billing from the provider of the toll permit will result in the Toll charge being payable by you as well as a no eTag in vehicle fee of $0.55 per toll plus a $20 administration fee.
11. Animals or pets. You may take a pet in the Vehicle but only if it is kept in a locked pet carrier. Licensed service animals are allowed in the Vehicle at any time without a carrier.
12. No Servicing Vehicle. You must not perform or take Vehicle in for repair or any service under any circumstances; the Vehicle can only be warranty repaired or serviced by MAVEN.
13. No Operation While Impaired. You agree to never drive a Vehicle while impaired by medication, illness, fatigue, or injury.
14. No Alcohol or Illegal Drugs. You agree not to use any illegal drugs prior to or while driving a Vehicle. You agree to operate a Vehicle for personal use up to the legal BAC. Operation of a Vehicle after drinking alcohol or using illegal drugs, including but not limited to situations in which you are under the influence of or impaired by alcohol or illegal drugs will result in immediate termination of your participation in the Program.
15. Use of Safety Restraints. You will ensure the proper use of safety belts and child safety restraints for all occupants; you understand that no one under 7 years of age is permitted to ride in the front seat of the Vehicle.
16. Obey All Traffic Laws. You will obey all applicable motor vehicle laws, speed limits, codes, and regulations. You will drive in a defensive manner, anticipating situations where incidents are likely to occur.
17. No Hand-Held Device Use. You understand that use of hand-held communication devices is only permitted while it is in a suitable cradle fixed in Vehicle. You understand that use of radar/laser detection devices is prohibited.
18. Safe Driving. You agree to plan trips by selecting the safest route, depart early enough to observe posted speed and traffic regulations and will be mindful of current and forecasted weather conditions.
19. Transport of Dangerous Items. You agree not to use the Vehicle to transfer flammable, poisonous or otherwise dangerous goods.
20. Securing Vehicle. You understand that the Vehicle must be locked when not in use.
21. No Modification to Vehicle. You must not modify, disconnect, or otherwise interfere with the operation of the odometer, emissions control equipment, or any other equipment installed on or in the Vehicle(s).
22. No Improper Use of Vehicle. You must not use the Vehicle in an illegal or improper purpose whatsoever. You must only use the Vehicle in accordance with the Vehicle owner’s manual, including vehicle towing maximums and Axle load distributions.
BACKGROUND CHECK DISCLOSURES
A consumer report is a type of background check in which information (which may include, but is not limited to, driver license validity verification; driving reports/background) about you is gathered and communicated by a consumer reporting agency (“CRA”) to MAVEN, its subsidiaries, affiliates, other related entities, successors, and/or assigns (collectively or individually, as appropriate, the “Company”).
Company may obtain a consumer report on you to be used for the purpose of evaluating you as a new or continued driver on the MAVEN platform, including your application to be eligible to use the platform as a driver.